1.3 Learning the interface
- Notice the blue plane at the centre of the image (marked 1). This plane is known as the work plane. We will do all our designing on this work plane; it also is imagined as a 3D printer bed.
- Notice the panel with geometric shapes on the right (marked 2). This panel contains the basic building blocks for everything we will design. There are many more shapes as we click on.
- Notice the menu items on the top bar (marked 3). We will use these menu items to perform important operations like Group, Ungroup, Align & Mirror.
- Notice the menu items on the top bar (marked 4). We will use these for Copying, Duplicating, Deleting, Undo & Redo.
- Finally, right-click and drag your mouse to change the 3D perspective.